top of page




I HAVE RECEIVED A NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION FOR SPEEDING. WHAT HAPPENS NOW? You have been sent a Notice because you are either the registered keeper of a vehicle or have been nominated as the driver of a vehicle which is alleged to have committed an offence. You need to COMPLETE the relevant sections and SIGN the enclosed Notice. Please return the Notice to us within 28 days. Further correspondence will be sent to you if you complete the Notice as the driver. If you do not receive correspondence within 28 days of returning the completed Notice, please contact us on 01709 832499. Our phone lines are open 10:00 to 12:00

WILL I GET OFFERED A SPEED AWARENESS COURSE? A course is an alternative to a fine and penalty points on the driving licence. The aim of cameras is to reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on our roads. We prefer to educate drivers rather than punish them with fines and penalty points. An accredited course is available in certain circumstances, and is far more likely to improve driver behaviour and consequently make our roads safer. Courses are available to drivers who respond quickly to the Notices and who were driving at no more than 10% +9 miles per hour above the posted speed limit. If there is a delay in identifying the driver, a course is unlikely to be offered.

I WASN'T DRIVING THE VEHICLE AT THE TIME OF THE ALLEGED OFFENCE, WHAT DO I DO? You need to complete all sections of the Driver Information form including the name and address of the driver at the time of the alleged offence. This will need to be returned to the Safety Camera Partnership. You have a legal obligation under section 172 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 to supply this information. The driver will then receive a notice of intended prosecution in his/her own name.

I'VE SOLD THIS VEHICLE You need to complete the driver information form with the name and address of the buyer so a notice of intended prosecution can be issued in his/her name.

MY VEHICLE WAS STOLEN You will need to write to us giving the crime reference number issued to you by the police when you reported the vehicle stolen.

bottom of page