www.safetycamera.org
Making South Yorkshire Safer

Look for the car, look for the bike... look for the bike again


Injuries to motorcyclists are far out of proportion to their presence on our roads.
Motorbikes are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all Great Britain's road user deaths.

Around 25% of motorcycle fatalities were crashes that did not involve another vehicle. Of the remaining 75%, almost half involve a car driver looking but failing to see.

If you're driving on the roads of South Yorkshire remember to 'Look for the car, look for the bike... look for the bike again.'

 For Bikers

You know how much you love your bike.
Find out about BikeSafe and stay safe on the roads.

 For Drivers

No-one wants to be involved in a crash.

Find out how how you can become more aware of bikers on the roads.

Press releases

 

The statistics

  • Motorcyclists are more likely to be injured in serious or fatal crashes than car drivers
  • In 2007 6,737 bikers were killed or seriously injured in road collisions across Great Britain
  • Injuries to motorcyclists are far out of proportion to their presence on our roads. Motorcyclists are just 1 per cent of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all Great Britain's road user deaths
  • In South Yorkshire motorcycle casualties account for 14% of our killed or seriously injured (KSI) statistics
  • The five most common factors in road traffic collisions (RTC's) that involve injury to motorcyclists are:
    • failure to look properly
    • loss of control
    • failure to judge other person's path or speed
    • careless, reckless or in a hurry
    • poor turn or manoeuvre

 

SLOW DOWN - DRIVE SAFELY - SAVE LIVES

Privacy Policy

Privacy policy...

Click here for details
 

Camera Sites:

Camera sites...

Click here for more

The Real Cost of Speeding

The real cost of speeding...

click here for more
 

Barnsley Council Sheffield City Council Doncaster Council Rotherham Council South Yorkshire Police HM Courts Highways Agency